Wednesday, July 05, 2006

about books and things related to books

"one man's garbage is another man's treasure."

thanks to God and pilgrim's books, this summer i've managed to get my paws on "tell it often, tell it well" and "heart to heart about men"; two out of print books highly recommended to me by staff. in terms of book hunting this summer has definitely been a success. w00t!

on another note. i really like bookstores especially chapters and libraries. they're such soothing places except during exam times, but i digress. i've found such a scenic study spot at the mackimmie (do all libbys start with a "mac"?) library here at the U of C. i will miss it. it's a corner spot on the tenth floor with huge windows and a biiiig table where i can totally sprawl out with my books and notes. it's just got an amazing view. i need to bring my camera up here sometime. from my vantage point i can see to the south, downtown calgary with its "skyline" (notice the quotes. i did live in nyc after all.)and rolling foothills with the silhouettes of the rockies to the west. absolutely gorgeous. definitely going to miss it when i return to guelph. sweetest study spot EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I'm so excited that you found the 10th floor of the library. I only found that near the end of my stay there ona day in which I was bored and wanted a good place to do a QT. I wish I took advantage of it more.

    I have this one picture of the campus from I think the 9th floor, it's really pretty. Take your camera up there PLEASE and take pictures for me :D

    And also the sweet views that you get on the Ctrain on the way to work. Right before the "SAIT/Alberta college of Art and Design station". haha oh man....I have a rolling memory comign back :D

    hehe have fun and take advantage of the opportunities given to you (like you did with the guy in Wendy's) the rest of Calgary Project there isn't much left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book stores...hours, and hours, and hours of my life gone but not wasted for sure. can you post some pics on your blog or what?

    ReplyDelete